Economic Development Forum

Welcome to the City’s Economic Development Forum! On November 3, 2014, the Council held a Community Workshop to hear the Community’s Economic Development suggestions and ideas concerning Downtown Brisbane and Crocker Industrial Park. Minutes from the workshop can be found here towards the bottom of the page: http://brisbaneca.org/city-council/2014-11-03. Part of the workshop entailed sharing with the Council the ideas that were submitted on this forum.

At this time, the forum is still open if you’d like to submit an idea you don’t already see listed by one of your fellow community members. If you have a picture of somewhere you visited that you think would work in town, please either submit it via the City’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/brisbane94005) or e-mail it to Caroline at ccheung@ci.brisbane.ca.us. As they say, a picture is worth 1,000 words. Thank you for your participation and feedback!

My economic development idea is...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

The building next to the Eagles Club, the old 5 Star Cafe site, has been identified as the location for the new Brisbane Library. So, it will be demolished at some point in the near future. On Thursday, 4/7, the Council will be considering an Agreement for Professional Services for the Design of the new Library. Link to the staff report: http://www.brisbaneca.org/sites/default/files/14%20prof%20services%20library.pdf

• A New Library in Central Brisbane

Our current library is heavily used but can not handle all the demands on it. We should build a new larger library that meets modern library standards. A new space could have a larger collection of materials, space for library sponsored events, a place for young people to gather and not disturb those that are looking for a quiet space, and much more.

113 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        You have left! (?) (thinking…)

The former 5 Star Cafe site, directly across the street from the current library, has been identified as the location for the new Brisbane Library. The City recently received $300,000 from the County’s Measure A funds to help cover building and design fees. This Thursday, 4/7, the City Council will be considering an Agreement for Professional Services for Design of the new Library. Link to the agenda can be found here: http://brisbaneca.org/city-council-meeting-9 (New Business item B.

Economic Development Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base