My economic development idea is...

Corporate events at the Pool

The City could hire an event planner to come up with some theme packages (a Hollywood glamour pool party, a tropical pool party, whatever) and then have it staged, a bar, etc. and then sell it as an event package to some of the prosperous biotech firms and high-tech companies that are looking for somewhere unusual to have their company parties. The event planner produces the party, and shares the proceeds with the City. You could probably charge $5,000 a party! The setting is gorgeous.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jennifer Bousquet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anja Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fine, just don't sell the pool use to corporations during normally open public swim hours. It's a slippery slope when you start prioritizing money-making, whether by the City or businesses, at the expense of services to the people.

• Jennifer Bousquet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I just ran across this event when loading events into Hulafrog...it's a Haunted House in San Bruno at their pool. I called them and apparently they have an event producer that they contracted with. It will run for 3 nights and they get the ticket proceeds. Just fyi. Thought it was pretty creative.

http://www.bayareahauntedhouse.com/

Feedback and Knowledge Base