My economic development idea is...

Open Studios - Weekend Arts Event

A lot of artist communities have whole weekends where they publish a map and people can go to artists' spaces and see their work. It can be quite a big event. It seems like we have a large artistic community that may (or may not :)) be interested in doing something like this. It would be an event that would draw outsiders (which I know is always controversial) but could help present Brisbane as an artistic community to the wider world. You could also have the Lions do bbq, and have entertainment in the park, etc. It could be a pretty cool thing and goes along with enhancing our image as a arts-positive town.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jennifer BousquetJennifer Bousquet shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Wonderful idea... And seems like something that could be sustained year to year. A wonderful way to support our local artists. If we can position a car show as a community event -- which is quite a cool idea, and has been well-received, it seems!-- it seems that an open studios concept , or open air art exhibit -- is accomplishing a good thing from a different perspective. Events that allow the community to gather but also build Brisbane's presence on the upper peninsula as the interesting and unique spot that it is. -- yes to that!

•  res res commented  · 

Years ago there was an Art Street Fair in Brisbane. Visitacion Avenue was closed off and artists, local and visitors showed and sold their beautiful creations. The street was packed most of the day and there was also food vendors..Great idea to have a "Brisbane Day of Artists."

Feedback and Knowledge Base