My economic development idea is...

A vibrant Sierra Point

I would like to see Sierra Point developed into a vibrant waterfront, a source of pride and activities for residents of Brisbane. Perhaps we need an economic development director to bring in businesses? We need to reach out to companies and encourage them to create campus environments at Sierra Point. Then we can bring in restaurants, active recreation. We have a fantastic location, but it is underutilized and underdeveloped, looks unappealing. Let's make it a lively and lovely waterfront!

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Good place to do the kind of development that has been stalled as we wait for market forces to develop. When the Olympics come to town, this one will probably get fired up. :-)

• Anja MillerAnja Miller commented  · 

The main problem cited by businesses otherwise attracted by Sierra Point is the poor southbound access to 101. The historical reason is that Caltrans did not construct the necessary onramp because South San Francisco prevented it -- they still saw Sierra Point as a competitor to their Oyster Point. People should also be aware that there are one large campus-type development and another big office development planned and approved by the City long ago, but not yet built. Until the market forces build up to overcome the basic problem with the site, we'll just have to be patient. No paid City staff person can do any better than the Chamber of Commerce and commercial real estate professionals already "reaching out."

Feedback and Knowledge Base