My economic development idea is...

A Revitalized Crocker Park

Interesting that the City tells us that Crocker Park is at 91% occupancy. Doesn't look like it -- lots of signs and empty buildings. We need an economic development director who will reach out and find companies that will strengthen our economic base and bring a sense of excitement and life to Crocker Park. All it takes is landing one tech company with a big name, and we will see a huge change in our industrial park. Takes time and the right person to get out and find these companies, we can't passively wait for them to come to us.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Appreciate Anja's insights because it is hard to see any evidence of change; Visitacion is probably not a good barometer for all of Brisbane, but it's what many of us see on a daily basis, and it's discouraging. But, it looks like the economic landscape is truly improving and perhaps we're coming out of the recession.

• Anja MillerAnja Miller commented  · 

We already have a Chamber of Commerce. It is supported by City funds as well as membership fees. It is an active group with an Executive Director who is doing a lot of outreach. There are also many commercial real estate brokers reaching out as best they can to sell or lease any vacant properties, many of whose owners are not local and who sometimes actually benefit by keeping their buildings vacant.

We really do not need to spend more taxpayers' money to hire another City employee and somehow expect that person to do any better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base