My economic development idea is...

To tear down the empty building next door to the Eagles and create a small park, with much needed parking accessed from Monterey Street.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Linda DettmerLinda Dettmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

The building next to the Eagles Club, the old 5 Star Cafe site, has been identified as the location for the new Brisbane Library. So, it will be demolished at some point in the near future. On Thursday, 4/7, the Council will be considering an Agreement for Professional Services for the Design of the new Library. Link to the staff report: http://www.brisbaneca.org/sites/default/files/14%20prof%20services%20library.pdf

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Linda DettmerLinda Dettmer commented  · 

So with the addition of a new library once it is built what will be the use for our current library and Community Center?

•  res res commented  · 

YES! The city needs to demolish their ugly decaying building right on Visitacion!! It certainly does not compliment this street OR this town at all. With such squalid buildings in our midst, it does nothing to encourage property owners to clean up their own places. I do not understand residents accepting this mess that is in our face every day and becomes a worse eyesore as the years go by!!

• Michael SchumannMichael Schumann commented  · 

Even without the Eagles club, I believe the property is large enough for a nice sized library with other uses on the second and possibly third floors.

• Linda DettmerLinda Dettmer commented  · 

This unused eyesore, once projected for low income housing has been vacant much too long. The Eagles will not sell their corner to create a huge library, so back to the drawing board. Tear it down, Just a little gardening and trimming will create a beautiful park frontage to a wonderful and much needed parking lot. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base