My economic development idea is...

Cameras at Visitation and Mariposa

I have noticed a marked increase in neighbors behaving badly at that intersection.

People making left turn over the double yellow line to pull into a parking space in front of Julie's Deli. I counted 8 in one hour last week during the lunch hour!

Although the city changed the sidewalk on the cross street by extending them into the street to stop people from making a U-turn, it does not deter everyone...now they make five point turns to make the turn.

A camera in that location would stop the people like Leila from making Visitation a drag strip when they go and come, as well as the bikers who use it as a race track, as well....seeing how much noise they can cause.

It would deter the children who currently ride unlicensed dirt bikes up and down the street with impunity.

It would stop the drug use in the Brisbane Inn parking lot, as well as the drug deals going down at the entrances of the bar.

I think as a crime deterrent, that one camera would do much more than the empty cop car you see in the same spot for a week at a time....that is only a deterrent the first time someone drives by, then they realize there is no one in it and the rest of the week they speed on by it....

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Elizabeth Gaffney shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base